Thursday, March 11, 2010

Alexa is really the light of my life. She is growing so quickly it scares me. She knows exactly how much mommy and daddy love her, she tells us with her smiles and laughter. We love the way she turns our long working days into joy and laughter.

A Message for My Child

I wish that I could show you
all the things that I have seen.

I wish that I could take you
everywhere that I have been.

I wish that I could indicate
the places where I fell,

And keep you, thus, from tripping
on those “rougher” spots as well.

I wish that I could do all this
and save you from the strife.

But I know that I’d be sparing you
the lessons of your life.

And you must learn those lessons
as hard as that may be,

Just know that you will always have
a helping hand from me.




No comments:

Post a Comment